Please note that the Japanese names in these posts are written in Japanese order, i.e. Family Name followed by Given Name

Sunday, 29 December 2013

22nd All-Japan Women's Inter-Collegiate Championships - Quarter-Finals

Quarter Final Matches, played on Sunday 29th of December:

Match 17:
Himeji Dokkyo University  1 - 3  Tokyo International University
(Attendance: 320)

Tokyo International University's tremendous run in their first competition continued today with a comprehensive victory over Himeji Dokkyo University, who themselves have had a great run to reach this stage. First year students Ikeue Nao and Shou Yuuna scored in the first half, the first goal a thumping header and the second a fine right-footed strike. Azuma Asahi scored her fifth of the tournament to seal the win, but Himeji Dokkyo did have the last say with a consolation goal in additional time from Kurogi Asako, who has secured a move to Speranza FC Osaka Takatsuki from next season.
Match 18:
Niigata University of Health and Welfare  0 - 0  University of Tsukuba
University of Tsukuba win 6-5 on penalties
(Attendance: 100)

A game of few clear chances, especially for the Niigata side, ended scoreless and Tsukuba won on penalties, with first-half substitute Akiyama Misora scoring the final penalty after Fukasawa Miki had missed. Tsubuka move on to their second semi-final, having last reached that stage in 2010.

Match 19:
Kibi International University  1 - 0  Shobi University
(Attendance: 195)

Kibi International University were again without Nishikawa Asuka and missed her aerial presence, but did enough to overcome a stubborn Shobi University side. The only goal was scored by the determined captain, Sugita Ami, poking the ball home after a fumble from former Shonan Gakuin teammate Asari Maya in the Shobi goal. Kibi restricted Shobi to just a few chances and ultimately progress through comfortably for their third consecutive semi-final appearance.

Match 20:
Osaka University of Health and Sport Sciences  1 - 1  Nippon Sport Science University
Osaka University of Health and Sport Science win 4-3 on penalties
(Attendance: 350)

Three-time champions Osaka University of Health and Sport Science made their way into this year's semi-finals by way of a tense penalty shoot-out over reigning champions Nippon Sport Science University. Osaka took the lead in the 33rd minute, Kusano Shiho rifling in a direct free kick. Nittaidai are made of stern stuff, and star midfielder Oguri Mao equalised seven minutes after the break. With neither side able to score another, the game went to penalties at the end of 80 minutes, with fourth year student Ishikawa Yuu knocking in the winning goal. Osaka now play Kibi on January 17th looking for their sixth visit to the final two days later.

Semi Final Matches, ties to be played on Friday 17th of January:

Match 21:
Tokyo International University versus University of Tsukuba

Match 22:
Kibi International University versus Osaka University of Health and Sport Sciences

Final Match, to be played on Sunday 19th of January:

Match 23:
Winners of Match 21 versus Winners of Match 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.